2016-06-08 16:39:47
     Hi, the airbag light is on in my 2003 2.5 BMW z4. I select the car, I see:
    Auto scan
    Control units

I go to control units, I see: 
    Drive
    Chassis
    Body

I go to Body, and read codes, no codes. I clear the codes, it says clear codes sent, but light stays on. I tried all the z4 types that might apply.

Why can't I read or reset this fault? It is a new reader, I have just done the updates.

Thanks

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    IBelchamber
    2016-06-11 08:53:04 (Reply to:IBelchamber)
     Hi, can anyone help me with this?? I have emailed support, no reply. 

Further info: My mechanic can reset the code with his snapon unit. The 802 seems to recognise the airbag module, it gives me “ECU INFO” and the BMW part number is shown as 6938264.

But no codes appear and if I reset, the light stays on. 

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-06-12 09:46:44 (Reply to:IBelchamber)

Hi, please kindly note that this funciton is not supported by MD802 (four systems version).

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    IBelchamber
    2016-06-12 14:33:22 (Reply to:Autel Support)
     Hello, thanks for your reply, but what you say is not consistent with the advertised features:

http://www.auteltech.com/Professional%20Scan%20Tools/393.jhtml

"One tool can do it all-reads and clears trouble codes on either the basic 4 systems (engine, transmission, ABS and airbag) or all the systems"

And now you are telling me airbag is not supported?? Am I misreading something??

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-06-13 10:08:50 (Reply to:IBelchamber)

Hi, sorry that we didn't make it to be more clear. Faults in air bag is not the only reason that air bag light is on. It could be caused by faults in other system/module as well, for example SZL. So if there is no codes showed in air bag, we might need to read codes in other system and check.

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    IBelchamber
    2016-06-13 21:46:27 (Reply to:Autel Support)
     Thanks for the explanation. The faults were:
    1. Passenger occupancy (seat mat) sensor, 
    2. seat belt buckle sensor.

So these are not considered faults of the airbag system? What autel equipment would I need to deal with these? 

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    IBelchamber
    2016-06-14 21:49:35 (Reply to:IBelchamber)
     Can anyone answer this?

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2016-06-16 06:39:39 (Reply to:IBelchamber)

Hi, these faults are related to Air bag systems. Please refer to service manual to fix these faults first.

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    IBelchamber
    2016-06-21 16:02:02 (Reply to:Autel Support)
     Ok, let me try to explain this very simply: These were temporary faults, which have been solved by wiring in bypass units. So I then needed to reset the codes to switch the light off. So I bought an Autel MD802 which "reads and clears trouble codes on either the basic 4 systems (engine, transmission, ABS and airbag)"

And you have now confirmed that these faults are related to the air bag system. But the MD802 CAN NOT read or clear these fault codes. My local garage could read and clear them in a few minutes with their snapon system.

This obviously does not make any sense whatsoever. So, have I missed something in the operation of the MD802 in my attempts to clear these codes, or is it being advertised with features that simply do not work????

And if that is the case, what equipment do I need to buy which actually really does read and clear airbag faults??? Please!!

•   Level 2   
    (31) points
    IBelchamber
    2016-06-22 20:18:01 (Reply to:IBelchamber)
     Ok, can someone, anyone please tell me why equipment sold as "reads and clears trouble codes on either the basic 4 systems (engine, transmission, ABS and airbag)" CAN NOT read and clear airbag faults???? PLEASE!!!
  Total1 Pages